Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 38

WELL WELL WELL, it certainly has been a while since I've last updated.  I have been incredibly busy.  I went to school in Dallas for 2 weeks to get a full type rating on the plane I am flying.  We then were busy with two trips after that took a lot of time.  In my spare time I have been working at the aerobatic flying place in order to pay down my debt down that I used for parts.

So, this being my first day off in a long time, I got back to buggin!

In between trips I did get this reel mounted, which should keep the hose off the floor and stored when not needed.  I also "permanently" mounted it to the floor using rubber isolation pads and heavy duty concrete anchors.  When I move, I can cut off the bolts and be good to go!


Today, I pressed in the bushings for my king/link pin suspension.  It went fairly easy and no major hiccups.  I also had to ream out the king pin bushings using my fancy new tool that cost $100.  I'll probably never use that tool again, but couldn't bear paying someone else to do it for the same price!


I also got to mount my sway bar and contrary to internet help, it wasn't as difficult as people painted it.


And finally, I got my backing plates mounted on the front and back (below) for the brakes.



Next step will be to install some wheel cylinders for the brakes and then run the brake lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment