Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 29

Well, I've had the past few days off and had made good progress on the car.  Here are some more pictures of the painted pan and parts.




I also assembled the steering box, filled it up with gear oil, and currently testing it for leaks.  I still need to do a final adjustment on it before it is ready to be put on the beam.


I assembled the pedal cluster, but it got late and I got frustrated.  I should have stopped, I didn't.  Anyway, it is together, but not as pretty as I'd like.  I found another pedal cluster for $20 shipped to me and am going to go over it and try to put together a better example of pedals.  I just can't let it slip by...


I also install the shift rod and lubed up it's mounting point.


And today, I had a guy come over to quote me a price for a 220v outlet.  We'll see what he says.

I also started inventory for my parts to see what I have and what I need.  I kept it just pan related for now as that's obviously my primary concern.

nice living room, right?


Yesterday I went to a "real" hardware store in order to find grease fittings for several parts on the car.  These fittings aren't very typical and this store had a great selection.  While I was there, I quickly realized that I had been transported back to the 1950's and this was an old tyme hardware store.  It is a bit of a drive and a bit more expensive, but the selection and CUSTOMER SERVICE is the best.  I'll be going back for sure.


Finally, after doing my inventory I placed my first parts order!  $1420 credit card dollars later, I have enough parts coming to keep me busy for a while.

I go to training at the end of the month and mom visits for a few days, so progress may be slow but I'd rather have parts waiting for me than visa-versa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment