Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 179 & 180

These past two days I've got quite a bit of work done.  I finished the driver's side front fender and that will need another coat of primer filler just like the other side.  I also blocked out the entire hood to 600 and it turned out to be good!

I'm about 3/4 done with the decklid which I hope to finish tomorrow and get to the body after that!

Progress has been slow because once it is ready for final sand I have to sand the entire part 3 times.  220, 400, 600 grit which takes a lot of time.  They look great when done and especially when I put wax and grease remover on the part it has a very flat and smooth gloss to it, even with the light colored primer.

Once I get the body done I can shoot the last bit of primer required for the doors, front fenders, and any remaining areas on the body.  Those parts can then be sanded and then final paint is after that!

This is taking quite a lot longer than I had hoped, but it is being done right so that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment