Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 181 & 182

Yesterday I finished the the decklid and front hood.  I also got the driver's side blocked to 220.  The rear quarter panel needed a bit more filler work and will need another coat of primer filler. I called it a day after that.

Today, I got the front and rear aprons, passenger side, and underneath parts all blocked to 220.  The front and rear quarter panels on that side will need more primer filler.

I also did a mini project attaching black decals to my reproduction but original quality hub caps.  These things were expensive!  $240 for 4 but they are the best reproductions available and I didn't have my originals.

The vinyl decal is applied with some window cleaner to move the sticker into position and then dried with a heat gun to get out any bubbles or wrinkles.  They turned out pretty good.  Originally they came from the factory painted black which was probably easy for the guy that did them all the time but I didn't want to bother with such a small project.  So, the stickers did an equally as good of a job and they get good reviews.

Tomorrow I hope to get the inside areas and roof done.  After that, I will be ready to paint some more primer filler and then repeat the sanding process on the parts that need it.  Slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment