Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 155

Today was a good day!

I got most of my black parts taken care of.  They look pretty good.  I have to do the "other side" on many of the parts so I'll probably do another painting day tomorrow.  I also missed a few areas on the wheels so I'll do some touch up there.

Yesterday I was able to get a couple things done.  I picked up the vinyl stickers for the windshield etching.  I think I'm going to try sandblasting instead, that's what they do and have better results.  I have the same company working on the ones for the vent windows.  We'll see what they come up with.

I also got some of the original battery stickers ordered from a local sign shop.  They were pretty pricey, but I should be able to sell the extras I had made to recoup most of my cost.

So, more painting tomorrow in black!  After that I'll finish the fronts of the wheels in the two other colors and be able to mount the tires.  I also have a rainy/windy day project of putting together my headlight assemblies as they are ready now that the black is all done.

I am waiting on my steering wheel before I spray the Ivory parts.  And I do have some more parts in transit to be painted black but can mix a small batch for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment