Monday, August 7, 2017

I'm no longer counting days...

Well, what was basically a 5 month break I got back at it today.  Between my new job, and this...

It has been painfully slow.  As in, no progress whatsoever.  I rebuilt a couple horns in the meantime.  Putzed around a bit.  But hadn't made much progress on the car.

My motivation had been low because of the delay in the custom match vinyl.  Well I got that too!  Under good advisement, I sent the company a couple pizzas for lunch one day and about a month later I got my material!  Awesome!

I've been working on the roof.  I got it sanded down to 1000 grit on 3/4 of the roof last time I left off.  Today I finished the rest of the 1000, then did the entire roof in 1500, 2000, and 3000.  I left the buffing for another day.

I did buff out the inside, mounted the chrome on the glove box and put the ash tray in.  Small, simple things but makes me feel like some sort of progress.

After I finish buffing out the roof I have the doors, front and rear quarter panels.  After that, I can start re-assembling the doors with glass, winders, rubber, etc.

I am going to try and tackle a little bit each week.  I need to get this project DONE!