Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 46

Well today I finished up the pan, tightening down the rear axle nuts to 217 ft/lbs of torque.  Got to use my fancy torque wrench so I was happy!  Then I filled the transaxle with gear oil so I won't have to worry too much about rolling the car around and running those gears dry.  I kept the oil inside the past few days to make sure it was "warm" so it would flow easily.  It has been chilly over night here so that would have slowed progress a bit.

I also started with the driver's side fenders removing the undercoating.  It took several hours but I believe it came out good enough for media blasting.

Some disguised rust that will need repairing.

Left fender isn't complete, right fender is.


The mess.

The passenger side ones are the ones I sourced online.  They don't have undercoating which is good for me!

Next, I am going to get started on the body removing undercoating.  Once that is complete, I will deep clean the garage floor.  I'm waiting to do that because as you can see in the above picture, the undercoating is pretty nasty stuff.  Finally, I'll build my workbench!

And figure out where to go from there...body work or engine work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.