Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 173 - 176

Well after another day of block sanding the remaining parts the car was ready for another coat of primer filler.

I also received my replacement visor for the rear view mirror which was in excellent shape.  I also sourced an NOS horn button from the UK which really makes the steering wheel pop and I'm very happy with it!

I did have to repair a broken tab that holds a tar board in the engine compartment.  I don't have a lot of pictures of me actually doing work and my lovely photographer helped with that.  :)

I also cleaned the garage out with a nice water bath and soap scrub.  Trying to remove as much dust, paint remnants, and body filler as I can.  Again, at this stage it isn't super critical because most of it will be sanded off anyway.  But also better to have it clean just because.

Here's a couple pictures of the areas I block sanded but there are still some imperfections in the panel.  Hopefully the latest layer of paint will take care of these, but if not I will do as many coats as required.

Yesterday I was able to get the fenders, hood, and decklid taken care of as well as some small pieces that needed another coat.  They all turned out well with no runs.  I did get a bit of orange peel which I attribute to the high temperature and thick material.

Today, I finished the doors, body, and top side of the hood.  They all turned out very good and I am happy with the results.  I saw two runs and again some orange peel.  It has been 105-115 degrees here the past few days and although I've been trying to get a good start in the mornings it's hard to avoid the temperatures.
Another action shot!
My neighbors have commented on how this plastic booth looks...most reviews refer to a certain serial killer.
So, the 2nd coat of primer filler is on the car.  Now back to more block sanding to get it all ready for the final paint!

Slowly....but ever so slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.