In fact, the next step is more filler primer on a few parts so that's all about waking up early, minding the weather, and having a free schedule.
I did get a few cool parts delivered. The first was a set of 3 ignition coils that were date stamped right around when my original engine was manufactured. They need to be cleaned, blasted, painted, and overall restored but I'm hoping 1 out of the 3 is good!
I also got my small pieces of chrome work back and they looked pretty good too! I assembled the door handles, T handle for the decklid, and driver's side rear view mirror. I'm very happy with the results.
The only one issue was a nick in the trim piece that goes on the glove box. It is on the upward side so it is visible and I'm waiting to hear back from the chromer if he can fix it. I'm happy with the results, so I'm thinking I may go with him for the bumpers as well.
Now I just need to finish it all so I can start putting these nicely restored parts on the car!