Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 209 - 210

Much progress to report!

I have started painting the car and it has turned out very well.  Happy with most of the results although my technique could always use improvement ;)

I started getting the bumpers in the special rust preventative paint on the back sides.  The claim to fame is it won't rust beyond the scratch and since the bumpers were originally painted from the factory and I won't be able to wax the backsides this was a good process!

This shows the hammer marks on the BACK side of the bumper used to get the front side looking real pretty.

Day 1 of painting the car went pretty well.  I started off with the small parts, undersides of the fenders, hood, and decklid.  For the most part it turned out okay, I had a couple runs and dry spots.  Just getting my technique back I guess.  Luckily it's all on parts that won't be seen.

The final color in the sun.

Today, I was able to get the inside and underside done.  Minimal runs, good coverage, very happy with the results.
Fender well, minimal orange peel, happy with the results.
I did get another quart of paint and hardener to finish up my 1.3gals of clear.  I was originally thinking 1 gal of paint would be ok, but it looks like I may need more and don't want to stress about not having enough paint come the end of the project.

I need to now reverse mask all the areas I just painted and hopefully get the last part done soon!  Hang the fenders, hood, and decklid and shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.