She was also my first (willing?) passenger on the bug pan. She had fun and it was great sharing the moment. She thought I was going too fast, but I didn't think so!
I did finish cleaning most of my rusty bolts. I had about 50 or so bags of random odds and ends for the body. Most turned out very nice. Some that needed work or had undercoating I cleaned and then put back in the solution to soak some more. I have 3 bags left of that group.
Today I spent about 7 hours assembling my very own blast cabinet. It is a cheapy one, so I have already done a few mods and have a better media gun in the mail. As you can see in these pictures, it does what it is supposed to.
The mods I did were to use silicone on EVERY seam. That way it hopefully doesn't leak. I also put a removable bottom shelf and wheels so I can easily roll it out of the garage or into another position as I have done with nearly all my tools. Everything is on wheels, which is great.
I also added a vacuum port adapter on the left hand side and put a 150w outdoor upgraded light.
|Vacuum port, square peg round hole!|
I also ordered and received 2 6600 lumen LED work lamps for my paint booth. They are very bright and don't get hot! The booth is my next step, because once that is complete I can blast my small parts and move right onto getting them in primer. Don't want to blast my parts and then have them sit around. :)