Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 106

Alright, so long are the pictures I promised in the last post.  The repaired trunk area and pop out windows.

No rust!

Front driver's side tire well repair.

Can you feel the breeze?
Today, I worked on the passenger side A pillar area.  This one was the one that had the least amount of damage.  In case you don't remember, here's what it looked like before.

Swiss cheese.

More holes.

And some minor patch areas.
Well, I can say that after 8 hours (!!) I finally got this area repaired.  Of course it was a bit more taxing than I expected...but so has everything else!

Cut and replace.

Had to remove the carpet hold down rail in order to get to the A pillar.

Not too bad inside.


Good as new! (sort of)

Turned out well.
So, that was the A pillar.  I still have the driver's side to go.  Will do that next.  Then I'll move onto the nose and will remove the front apron and repair the spare tire well and master cylinder reservoir shelf.

Vegas has an annual Bug show and I went to check it out this past weekend.  Saw some cool cars, got some ideas, what to do and not!

I think this is Diamond Grey. The license plate is funny too ;)

What a very original engine should look like.  The spark plug wires are not stock but a nice vintage touch.

This was a '59 convertible that was in excellent shape.  BUT, I was mainly interested in the interior which I think is from a vendor I am looking at.  The color match isn't exact but the fit and finish is very good.

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.